Top 5 Christmas Markets in the UK
For many people, Christmas shopping involves a mouse, keyboard and a debit card. For some of us though, there’s nothing better than wandering round a Christmas market sipping mulled wine and browsing stalls. Here’s our compilation of the top 5 Christmas markets in the UK.
- Edinburgh: This vibrant University city is fast becoming one of the most popular cities in Europe. The Scottish capital’s Christmas Market in East Princes Street Gardens is full of traditional stalls and culinary delights set out in the hub of the city. Opened till January 5
- Birmingham: This is the biggest German Christmas Market outside of mainland Europe. The delicacies on offer include pretzels, schnitzels, bratwursts, traditional mulled wine and of course Bavarian beers. The market is on until the 23rd December and can be found by the impressive Birmingham Museum & Art Gallery.
- London: Along the banks of the Thames, beneath the London Eye and within view of the Houses of Parliament, and Big Ben, the Southbank Winter Market offers a 50-stall Christmas market selling warming drinks, treats and original gifts. The market is open until December 27th
- Cardiff: Situated in the middle of the City, Cardiff market specialises in handmade products. The market is on until December 23rd.
- Oxford: Inspector Morse country takes on a magical feel with it’s historic Broad Street’s 60 plus stalls selling gifts, food and drink. People can enjoy eating, drinking and shopping whilst being entertained by a host of local live entertainers. You’d better be quick though as this market closes today!
Wherever you decide to do your Christmas shopping why not take a look at our list of the best Xmas pressies ever.